- Be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a US Passport and Secret Clearance.
- Be a motivated self-starter capable of working independently and in groups.
- Be well organized and able to multi-task
- Have good verbal and written communications skills
- Have experience using electronic test equipment
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and CAD/CAM
- Ability to travel on a limited basis to remote testing ranges
This is a responsible support position that directly interfaces with and proactively supports our UAS Electrical Engineering Staff, Manufacturing, Engineering Flight Test and UAS Flight Operations Staff.
Having prior education, training & knowledge of UAV, UAS and/or FAA aviation avionics electronics and standard fabrication practices with knowledge of avionics electronic products, components and suppliers are desired.
Experience with computer LAN and RF communication systems, antennas and data links are a plus.
This position is responsible for all day-to-day tasks associated with Griffon Aerospace UAS avionics integration and testing capability including:
- Testing, troubleshooting and debugging of electronic circuits and assemblies
- Use of dc power supplies, DMM, Oscilloscope and RF spectrum analyzers
- Electronic and electromechanical assembly
- Read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and work instructions
- Use electronic, hand, power, and pneumatic tools
- Soldering of circuit and harness assemblies
- Fabrication of electrical harnesses, RF cables, and circuit board assemblies
- Installation avionics modules, harnesses and RF cables into UAV airframes
- Modify electrical harnesses units and assemblies
- Repair and calibration of avionics modules according to specifications
- Inspects and test electronic assemblies prior to installation
- Keep records of serial numbers for all avionics modules per airframe S/N
- Keep organized and maintain all work related tools, test equipment, fixtures, etc.
- Write procedures, update BOMs and other related documentation
- Setup equipment at outdoor testing location for operation and test data collection